Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1st Mother's Day

Been awhile since my last post and it certainly has not been because I've had tons of time on my hands to do other things. JJ is getting more active every day. Last week I came home from work and he was wide awake for two hours straight. I didn't know what to do! Normally I come home and he is either asleep, feeding, or crying -- or some combination there of. Now he has added awake and alert but no crying; wasn't ready for that. I figured that was as good a time as any to work on his pitching motion. We worked on range of motion drills and getting a good follow through (and of course all with the left hand). He seemed more interested in putting his hand in his mouth, but at least it was his left hand. Can you teach lefthandedness? We will soon see.

Mother's Day was Sunday and as of Tuesday of last week I did not know this. Sara mentions Tuesday that she offered to host a cookout at our house for Mother's Day and we need to go get groceries. I, of course, asked why so soon because Mother's Day isn't till next Sunday. I was promptly told I was incorrect.


Sara slept in after a long night with JJ so I snuck out to get a quick present. She got some flowers, a new picture frame for our first family picture, and most importantly Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. It wasn't subtle which part she liked the best. Figured it wasn't bad on short notice, especially considering that without the cookout I would have been a week late!
Sunday was a day full of visitors. All of the Fon clan came over for lunch except Sheryl who stayed home sick. Later Larry and Kathy brought Grandma Fon over to visit. It was a long day but good to see everyone.

Monday night the Buck's came by to meet JJ. The girls were very interested in JJ; probably because they had no clue what an infant male looks like. There was a heated discussion, but I think the dowry was finally set for Mary and JJ.
That's pretty much a play by play of our time around the house. I will also make mention of a great Pearl Jam concert on Friday night. They played a cover of The Elms' "Going Back to Indiana" that really made me feel like he wanted to be here. I've been to concerts where it seemed like they were just going through the motions and mailing it in. But Eddie's shout outs to Johnny Cougar's son winning Golden Gloves, Larry Bird and Salt Lick (he corrected himself to French Lick), and their 3 encores made it obvious they wanted to be here. Also wanted to mention Holmes' 30th bday party at Jillian's on Saturday. Wish I could have stayed longer, but still had a good time catching up with everyone. Gotta mention that I probably posted the high game bowling. Unfortunately the same is not true for Pop-A-Shot, apparently that's just a Canada thing. Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember they playing that Elms' song at the concert. Sincerely, Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Sara had a great Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete